Join the Wise Guys SaaS – Africa acceleration program starting October 2022!
This program is mainly for English-speaking East and West African early-stage digital B2B SaaS startups with initial traction, a solid team, and a focus on one of these areas: Fintech, Edtech, AgiTech, CleanTech, HealthTech, RetailsTech.
IBM HYPER PROTECT ACCELERATOR
IBM Hyper Protect Accelerator ‘22 is an investment-readiness and technical mentorship program, run in partnership with Village Capital.
The program supports impact-focused startups leveraging highly sensitive data to improve the quality of, and access to, digital, financial and healthcare services.
Cohort 5: 15 startups will join a three-month investment readiness accelerator from Village Capital alongside two years of monthly technical mentorship and support from IBM. You will spend 40+ hours meeting and conversing with a diverse group of founders as well as expert investors and mentors
Friends of Hyper Protect II: 30 startups will join this asynchronous accelerator from Village Capital alongside two years of quarterly technical mentorship and support from IBM. You will enjoy bespoke mentor and investor support and also meet and learn from founders from every part of the world.
All startups, in both cohorts, will receive IBM Cloud credits of up to $120,000.
JOIN BLACK VENTURE INSTITUTE
Black Venture Institute teaches foundational venture principles like financing, sourcing, diligence, and corporate governance. Fellows learn how investors evaluate opportunities and negotiate terms from top industry minds, business leaders, and UC Berkeley professors.
We are no longer accepting applications for Summer 2022. However, we’ve opened rolling applications for the Winter 2022 cohort.
Sie Ventures Catalyst Program Launches Third Cohort to Level the Playing Field for Female Founders Across Europe
Sie Ventures opens its third Catalyst Program to drive more capital to female founders. The program is supported by Silicon Valley Bank, AWS, Citi Ventures, Marriott Harrison.
Applications for Cohort III are now open. If you’re a team with at least one female founder building a pre-seed or seed stage technology startup in Europe and are preparing for your next fundraise, apply here.
Growth4Her is a 6-month Investor Readiness Accelerator Program, open to women in West and Central Africa.
- ≥ 51% owned by a woman or,
- ≥ 20% owned by a woman and have ≥ one woman as CEO/COO (President/Vice President); and
- have ≥ 30% of the board of directors comprised of women, where a board exists.
- Loan size between US$5,000 and US$1 million (Loans must not be from traditional financial institutions, loans from other sources such as associations, cooperatives e.g. “tontine/njangi” “esusu”, family loans may be considered)
- Between 5 and 300 employees
- Sales between US$35,000 and US$15 million
- Assets between US$100,000 and US$15 million
- Can dedicate 1 week to an intense virtual/ physical Bootcamp
- Can dedicate 3 hours for mentorship engagement for a period of 8 weeks
- Must be a C-Level executive in the organization
Are you an early-stage startup founder? Do you know of an early-stage startup?
IIT Startups is a not-for-profit startup accelerator formed by the IIT alumni for the early-stage startups. They take no fees or equity. They have graduated 120 startups in 8 cohorts over the last 4 years. 9 of these startups have already been acquired.
They are starting next cohort in early October and are looking for applicants.
What to expect from the program
✅ Polished pitch and funding at better valuation with higher quality investors.
✅ Structured cohort-based learning with mentoring from seasoned entrepreneurs who provide guidance your startup in business issues such as product-market-fit, customer discovery, go-to-market strategy, sales playbook etc.
✅ The program culminates in a Demoday where the selected startups pitch to over 200 investors consisting of VCs, angels, family offices and corporate ventures.
✅ Access to the IIT ecosystem across the globe and international markets through the IIT network.
Looking to demo your business?
To qualify you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Your business is investment ready
- UK based.
If you’re ready to go ahead, complete our application form below, and be ready to create an appropriate demo video in line with Barclays guidelines.
Looking to invest?
In order to access the Demo Directory, you will need to opt-in with Barclays Eagle Labs using the application form below:
- Register with Barclays Eagle Labs using the application form below
- Attest to be a ‘self-certified sophisticated investor’ or ‘professional investor’(defined by article 19 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000).
ARC – IS A CATALYST FOR OUTLIER FOUNDERS
This company building program is for seed-stage founders actively working on an idea, product and company. For some, this means coming to us with an idea and no lines of code like Patrick and John of Stripe. For others, it is a MVP site with 1000 listings like Brian, Nate and Joe of Airbnb.
We are currently accepting applications for Arc Americas. Companies headquartered in North America and Latin America are welcome to apply. Our next European cohort will launch again in 2023.
SpinLab – The HHL Accelerator, one of the best accelerators in Europe, opens its application phase for startups again.
Until 05 July 2022, innovative startups can apply for the 14th SpinLab class. An intensive program, long-term contacts with established companies, a broad investor network, access to exclusive technologies and funding of up to 15,000 euros are available for startups in the six-month program.
The startups remain completely independent and do not give up any shares. They can use a modernly equipped co-working office on the creative premises of the Leipziger Baumwollspinnerei and receive access to various technologies from first-class partners such as HubSpot or Foundersuite. The new class will start on 10/10/2022 and will be offered as a hybrid program.
Emerge Accelerator looking for visionary founders:
Does your company meet the Emerge criteria?
- Seed stage startup with a working product
- Using technology to disrupt a large or growing market
- Experiencing strong growth with early customer validation
- Business model has potential to scale
- At least one company founder available to attend regular programming sessions at WeWorkLabs (virtual)
- At least one company founder identifies as non-white, female, LGBTQ, disabled and/or is a refugee
STELLAR COMMUNITY FUND – Build, Engage, Launch, and Grow
The Stellar Community Fund is an open-application grant program that allows developers, startups, and full-fledged companies building on Stellar to receive support and funding based on input from the Stellar community.
Startup Bootcamp – A Global Family Of Industry-Focused Startup Accelerators
We run 20+ programs around the world: From FoodTech, Internet of Things, Fintech, Smart Cities to Smart Energy and more. Our tailored 3-month accelerator programs are designed to support ambitious early-stage companies grow in the most relevant industries.
Bethnal Green Ventures runs the Tech for Good Programme, which provides early-stage founders with investment, support and expertise to help them launch and grow a tech for good venture.
It supports teams with new ideas to help build solutions to social and environmental issues through an intensive programme of support, including:
- A tailored three-month programme of workshops, talks and mentoring.
- Life-long support and the opportunity for follow-on funding.
- Peer-to-peer support.
- Introductions and one-to-one meetings with investors and industry experts.
- Up to £30,000 in cash for 7% equity in their venture.
Bethnal Green Ventures is based in Tower Hamlets. It is looking for scalable businesses that use technology in an innovative way to approach environmental and social problems. It supports ventures with the potential to have a direct impact on people and the planet, and that can reduce inequality.
To be eligible, applicants must be an early-stage business that has been trading for less than 24 months.